How does having a website impact your business success? Let’s look at a success story for a small business entrepreneur.
Why do you need a website?
Less than 64% of small businesses have a website. 70-80% of people research a company online before visiting it or making a purchase. 58% of small businesses without websites plan to create one in 2019. 94% of small business websites are mobile-friendly.
81 percent of U.S. small businesses say that a website has helped to grow their business. With a website, you can reach a greater number of potential customers and opportunities. #verisign
79% of entrepreneurs with a business website expect to grow at least 25% in the next three to five years, compared to 64% of those without a site. #topdigital
30% of small businesses with a web presence generate more than 25% of their revenue online. #topdigital
The U.S. is expecting to have 300 million online shoppers by 2023. That’s 91% of the entire country’s population! Statista
2021 Small Business Website Statistics – Reasons for Not Having a Website – #topdigital
35% of small business believe they are too small to have a website
31% of small business use social media instead of having a website
26% of small business believe their customers are not online
25% of small business lack technical knowledge
23% of small business believe it is not relevant to their business or industry
22% of small business lack human and financial resources
21% of small business use a mobile app instead of a website
19% of small business owners never got around to it
11% of small business don’t see value in it
How did this small business change its formula for success
Fiona’s Handcrafted Soaps CA
I was introduced to Fiona Garrett years ago by a mutual friend. She lived in Vancouver, British Columbia, and I lived in Atlanta. Fast forward two years ago, and our mutual friend shared on Facebook that Vanessa had a thriving business making artisanal soaps which she sold locally through her Facebook page, direct referrals, local markets, and other distributors in Vancouver. Her brand name is Fiona’s Handcrafted Soaps CA. She started making soaps for a personal reason. Her mother had been diagnosed with breast cancer, and she needed a milder alternative to the harsh soaps available on the market. Besides being made with natural ingredients, they are almost too beautiful to use. The soaps are visually stunning, individually handcrafted, they smell delicious and come in the most unusual flavors, like Bourbon, Beer, Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows and Bubble Tea! Each one is a stunning little masterpiece made for your bathroom and pleasure at home. But she did not have a website, but she knew it was the next step for business growth.
Together, we set out to create something that she could use to reach new audiences worldwide. For more than three months, we worked together creating, changing, and perfecting a Woo Commerce website for Vanessa. She chose WordPress Studio Press Refined Child Theme, and I got to work. Vanessa hired an excellent freelance photographer HyeJun to take the stunning images now on display on the website, and after some hiccups (getting international shipping and credit card payments takes time and patience). Fiona launched the website earlier this year.
How has her business changed since having the website?
- The potential to reach almost 4.54 billion people, 59% of the global population who use the internet, and more are getting online. Her business would have been invisible to those people.
- Adding the website made it easier for customers to find Fiona’s Handcrafted Soaps. Getting more customers is always the number one goal, and she can reach people worldwide. The brand exposure is enormous.
- Social media is excellent, but having the website gave Fiona flexibility and branding she could not get with social media platforms. Now people worldwide have a chance to see, buy and make purchasing decisions—Fiona established her place in the beauty industry with her website.
- SEO – Enhanced SEO, including Google My Business and Google Analytics and Rank Math, and ads put her website information out to people who may be searching locally in Canada and internationally for soaps and unique creations. Using specific keywords helps to boost her ranking in search.
- Smush – Large images load faster for customers and helps to make purchases more manageable. Having a platform to showcase the products makes a big difference.
- Payments / Woo Commerce – Put direct, credit card payment flexibility
- Shipping – She can now ship products worldwide and sell locally as well.
- Customers can order and connect with her via the website for special requests and more. The website makes it easier for customers to contact her.
- Family, customers, and friends can now refer potential customers to the website to purchase products, and they can do that any time of the day or night. That is the difference a website makes.
- Having excellent products and great photography makes web development look great.
Happily, I can report that Fiona has seen about a 60% increase in business with her website. That number speaks for itself. Get a website today.
Thank you Fiona, for your time and hard work getting your website completed! She is ready to take on the world.
Deeg Consulting – What my services can do for you
I offer several options for high-quality websites from basic to e-commerce at competitive prices and quick delivery schedules, find my pricing page here Questions, comments, or information about building a website and more contact me at deeg consulting.